Countdown to Convention

Monday, September 11, 2017


Hurricane IRMA is bearing down on Florida as I write this. We have done all we can to prepare.  I plan on doing many crafts this weekend. Yesterday I went out a few times to check on some neighbors and finish up our patio clearing.  Quite a bit is in our eat-in kitchen area with only a few things in the garage. If we lose power, we will move the grill out to the garage to cook our food. I don’t plan on us losing power for too long; maybe wishful thinking.

More and more people in our neighborhood are boarding up their homes. Oh well, too late for us now. After it passes and the clean-up is complete, we may have to get the plywood and clamps for next time.  As we were draining our pool/spa Tom noticed that our pump is squirting water out of the tip of it…not good. We are now having constant rain and some wind gusts. I certainly won’t be walking much today and I feel so restless.



September is such a busy and wonderful month for Close To My Heart (CTMH). First it is National Stamping month so we have a very nice cardmaking kit that I know you will love.  https://cdn.closetomyheart.com/2017/image-gallery/1709-cc-fb-cardkit.jpg 

 

Next, CTMH has offered a very inspirational Stamp Set to help us get through all of the disasters going on right now – Hurricane Harvey clean-up and assistance, Hurrican IRMA right now, all of the fires out in the west/northwest. It is a set with sentiments, such as ‘tough times don’t last TOUGH People do’, ‘WE’RE IN THIS together’, ‘believe in miracles’ ‘KEEP CALM & Fight On’ and a few others. All proceeds (even Consultant commissions) go to the Red Cross.

My Acrylix® Stronger Together (C1716)
Set of 10
Recommended My Acrylix® blocks:
1" × 1" (Y1000), 1" × 3½" (Y1002), 2" × 2" (Y1003), 3" × 3" (Y1006), 2" × 3½" (Y1009)

$13.95 USD

I was falling asleep so I went to bed before I could finish this.


No comments:

Post a Comment