Countdown to Convention

Monday, July 10, 2017

CTMH Convention 2017 - Salt Lake City Utah

WHEW! What a busy few months I have had. I got back from our CTMH Convention 2017 last Monday afternoon and I was exhausted.  I really had to catch up on my sleep. Utah was beautiful, but the altitude did get to me, even though it isn't very high. I walked everywhere - except to the airport and back. It was hot, but not humid.
Convention was a blast! I had the best roommate - Marie Goetz! It was fun getting to know her and some of her fellow Ohio Consultants.
I am so very excited this year and rarin' to go!  Our new Idea Book goes live on August 1st and I love it. Then we also got a new Seasonal Expressions for September 1 through December 31st and I LOVE everything in it. I am NOT kidding. There are some gorgeous, exciting and fun new things that I can't wait to share with you all.  Keep reading because I will be posting photos of Convention and give you some sneak peaks of great things to come.
We had some truly inspirational speakers at Convention. And some great business classes. One in particular was about Social Media by Karen Pederson. I have so much to learn about systems I don't currently use now. So, I will be busy getting up to speed on some of that. Is there a book entitled "Instagram for Dummies"?  I need it!  Oh, I bet I can google it and learn all about it.  That is the first thing I am going to learn...now that I've caught up on my sleep!
So, I made some interesting observations about Salt Lake City. The Salt Palace was beautiful and easy to get to, plus so close to hotels and restaurants. It really was nice. I loved walking around the part of downtown that we were in. Here are my favorite things I observed:
  • Restaurants served real butter
  • The streets were so clean, it was impressive
  • There are huge rocks, boulders and landscaping around the streets (made for very calming and beautiful walks)
  • The UTA cable cars were pretty cool
  • Art also lined the streets and it was very interesting
  • From certain spots, I could peak at some mountains (no pun intended)
  • It's a dry heat
  • The weather was beautiful and so many of the streets had wonderful shade
  • They had bikes there, parked along the curbs that you could rent - if I though I could have ridden, I would have tried one...but it has been way too many years since I've been on a bike
  • The whole place seemed so conscious of the environment and keeping it beautiful
The idea of butter being served was so pleasant - there is nothing I dislike more than opening up a hot roll and spreading oleo (yes, I'm showing my age) and not having it spread and melt as gloriously as butter.  Hey, I'm just a country girl at heart.

Workshop is this Thursday - starting at 2 pm. We will be working with our Prickly Pear Kits. I love the cacti stamps and Thin Cuts.

July OPEN CROP days are July 15th and 29th - yes 2 Saturdays. The 29th will include the BIG REVEAL to present our 2017-2018 Idea Book, play a game or two and win prizes. Crops start at 11 am and go until you are too tired to crop another photo!  Bring your drink and a snack to share and a project or two...

I hope to see as many of you as possible! 


No comments:

Post a Comment